Forest Home Ranch offers a number of horse boarding options to provide the right situation for your horse:
Rates as of 7/1/23 and subject to change.
Full-time pasture is for low-maintenance and easy keepers. They must be able to sustain a good weight on grass and hay alone. We do feed when the grass is not enough to keep the pasture horses well-fed. We still check on them daily and try to put fly masks on if they come off and are found. They do not get quite as much individualized attention as our other horses that come into the stall or paddock. If you choose this option, be aware that we may request you to move your horse up to one of the private pastures or stall packages if we see them losing weight or not getting along with the other pasture horses.
- There are currently two group pastures
- Hay as needed
- Fly mask as needed
- Owner must pay all additional vet, farrier, deworming, and grooming needs. It is owner’s responsibility to provide a fly mask.
- All group pasture horses are monitored daily.
$350 Owner is responsible for all trimming/shoeing, de-wormer and vaccine costs.
Farrier or vet work is the responsibility of the owner, but the ranch will schedule vet and farrier appointments for the benefit of all clients.
Semi-Private and Private Pasture
With this plan, your horse will get a little bit more individualized attention. They will be matched with a compatible partner and be fed their supplied grain and supplements. Either the owner can bring out the grain, if local, or we can purchase the grain and bill accordingly. They will be blanketed during poor weather if needed. This plan is good for horses that must have daily grain or supplements to maintain weight and health. If your horse needs additional care or is a particularly “hard keeper” you should check out the stall or paddock board plan.
- Hay fed as needed
- Once a day grain, supplements and/or daily meds fed. Owner supplied. If the owner would rather have the ranch buy the grain, the owner will be billed accordingly. Twice a day graining or medicating will be an additional charge. Owner will, to the best of their ability, make their horse’s supplements easy to administer. (Prebagged, Smart Pak, etc.)
- Blanketing as needed. Owner must supply all required blankets and sheet. Minimum blankets to be provided are a turnout sheet, and stable blanket. All blankets need leg straps and a belly attachment of some sort. Blankets will be put on during poor weather, and then taken off when weather improves. We don’t offer daily on/off blanketing.
- Fly masks as needed. Typically, late spring – late summer.
$400 Base rate. Owner is responsible for all trimming/shoeing, de-wormer and vaccine costs. Supplements and daily meds must be provided by owner.
Mare Motel/Paddock Board
Mare Motel is available on a case-by-case basis. If your horse requires specialty feed or housing requirements, this option is for you. Horses will be fed their ration twice a day. Stalls and paddocks are cleaned once daily. Turn out is 3-4 a week. If the owner is local, they can provide bedding at their discretion, or if you need the ranch to provide the bedding, the owner will be billed with their monthly invoice. Bedding usually consists of pelleted wood bedding or mini flake shavings. Changes in bedding types may be dependent on cost. Blanketing for poor weather is included, but daily blanketing is extra.
- Hay fed twice daily
- Once a day Grain, supplements and/or daily meds fed. Owner supplied. If the owner would rather have the ranch buy the grain, the owner will be billed accordingly. Twice a day graining or medicating will be an additional charge. Owner will, to the best of their ability, make their horse’s supplements easy to administer. (Prebagged, Smart Pak, etc.)
- Blanketing as needed. Owner must supply all required blankets and sheets. The minimum blankets to be provided are a, turnout sheet, and a stable blanket. All blankets need leg straps and a belly attachment of some sort.
- Fly masks as needed.
- Some stalls are matted.
- Custom services are available at an additional cost. Special dietary needs or living arrangements welcome! Long-distance clients welcome, and we can develop a boarding package that fits your needs and budget!
$400 base rate. Owner is responsible for all trimming/shoeing, de-wormer and vaccine costs. Supplements and minor daily meds must be provided by owner.
All horses, regardless of rate, are provided with a white salt block and a mineral salt block, unless the owner would rather they did not have access. Group pasture horses share a large salt block. Hay is fed in feeders as possible, but sometimes, to alleviate any squabbles, it is spaced out on the ground. Trailer parking is free and subject to available space. Trailer and vehicle parking is at your own risk. Stable is not responsible for damage to personal property while on our ranch. Fly masks are put on in fly season and must be provided by the owner. Any horses boarding over a year, will be provided with one fly mask, free of charge, as needed. It is recommended to label all blankets, fly masks and halters with your horse’s name.